Starting a business can be a minefield unless you have competent advisers to guide you. However, many startups simply cannot afford to pay legal advisers.
Filament has set up Start-IT! Clinic where startups can get free legal advice on your business structure, the type of agreements required to protect your business, branding, protecting, exploiting and enforcing your intellectual property and other issues that arise from starting your business.
Start-IT! Clinic takes place every Friday, except public holidays between 10.00am and 1.00pm at our Yaba office.
To book, please click here. Appointments last 1 hour and bookings are subject to the terms and conditions below. We will confirm the date and time of your appointment.
Please note that we will communicate with you primarily by email so please ensure that emails from @filament-consulting.com are not being sent to your Spam folder.
Terms and Conditions
- Your business or company must be less than 3 years old. If your business or company is over 3 years old, we may accept your booking but this is in our discretion.
- Your business must be technology-related – you supply either technology products or a technology-enabled service. We will also accept your booking if you operate in any other creative industry such as music, film, art, design and fashion.
- The legal issue that you would like our advice on must be new. In other words, we have not previously advised you or any of your colleagues on this issue in any capacity.
- There are only 3 slots available each week and appointments are offered in the order in which the booking forms are received.
- We are under no obligation at all to accept your request for an appointment.
- We must receive your booking form at least 3 working days prior to the date of the appointment.
- We reserve the right to cancel your appointment for any reason at any time. However, we will use all efforts to give you reasonable notice in advance of the cancellation.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment and wish to cancel, we ask that you give us at least 48 hours’ notice, so that we may offer the appointment to another startup.