Chioma is a Legal Consultant at Filament Consulting.
She began her career as a legal officer in the legal department of Magnificent International, a leisure, entertainment and hospitality servicing company. While at Magnificent, she advised on legal and regulatory issues relating to the company and the entertainment industry.
Chioma joined Filament in 2018 and has since developed a keen interest and expertise in IP, IT and Advertising.
Chioma’s experience includes:
- Assisting with the acquisition and set up of a digital microfinance bank including undertaking due diligence, advising on the corporate governance structure and drafting the completion documents for the share purchase and shareholders’ agreements.
- Reviewing and advising on a digital influencer agreement for engagement of an influencer for a popular cereal brand.
- Advising a digital advertising agency on compliance with regulations issued by the Nigerian Communications Commission and National Lottery Regulatory Commission.
- Advising on IP claims, and the IP provisions of agreements.
- Assisting media and advertising companies with the clearance of third party rights in photographs and music for use in respectively a promotion and television programme.
- Drafting an internet hosting agreement and co-promotion agreement for a digital promotion for a major food brand.
- Assisting with the structuring of the shareholding of a startup including advising on the rights to shares of a departing founder and reviewing the company’s founders equity agreement.
- Negotiating and drafting an agreement for the purchase of 3D equipment for a cinema.
- Conducting trademark searches and assisting with trademark applications at the Trademarks Registry.
- Undertaking the incorporation of companies at the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on a range of agreements including non-disclosure agreement, collaboration agreements and contracts of employments.